John J. Coyle, Jr. (Retired)
Previous Practice Areas:
- Civil Litigation; Commercial Real Estate; Residential Real Estate; Minerals; Business Transactions; Real Estate Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Mineral Litigation; Mr. Coyle is readily available in his retirement to advise and consult with other attorneys in the firm in his areas of experience
- Maryland; U.S. District Court (MD; U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals; U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Baltimore, J.D., cum laude; Heusler Honor Society
- St. Charles College; Frostburg State University, B.A., cum laude
- Allegany County Bar Association (Past President); Founding Member of the Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission Budget Advisory Committee
- Residential & Commercial Real Estate: Almost 30 years experience performing property title exam and residential mortgage transactions for banks, mortgage companies and credit unions. More than 15,000 transactions. Counsel and closing attorney for multiple commercial and residential lenders. Agent for Old Republic Title Insurance Company.
- Real Estate Litigation: Represent clients to correct condominium documents, to resolve property line and property access issues and to settle ownership disputes. Counsel for multiple real estate developers.
- Civil Litigation: Represent clients to seek declaratory judgments of a party’s rights; litigated various business matters; appeals of administrative orders of zoning boards, the Public Service Commission, etc. in the Circuit Courts and Courts of Appeal in Maryland.
- Minerals: Conduct mineral searches; reviewed and prepared oil and gas leases, coal leases; instrumental in implementing Maryland Dormant Mineral Act