John J. Coyle, Jr.
- Practice Areas: Civil Litigation; Commercial Real Estate; Residential Real Estate; Minerals; Business Transactions; Real Estate Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Mineral Litigation; Worker's Compensation
- Admitted: Maryland, 1977; U.S. District Court (MD), 1977; U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2010; U.S. Supreme Court, 1982
- Law School: University of Baltimore, J.D., cum laude, 1976; Heusler Honor Society
- College: St. Charles College; Frostburg State University, B.A., cum laude, 1970
- Member: Maryland State Bar Association; Allegany County Bar Association (Past President); Founding Member of the Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission Budget Advisory Committee
- Born: Cumberland, Maryland, August 28, 1948
- Residential & Commercial Real Estate: Almost 30 years experience performing property title exam and residential mortgage transactions for banks, mortgage companies and credit unions. More than 15,000 transactions. Counsel and closing attorney for multiple commercial and residential lenders. Agent for Old Republic Title Insurance Company.
- Real Estate Litigation: Represent clients to correct condominium documents, to resolve property line and property access issues and to settle ownership disputes. Counsel for multiple real estate developers.
- Civil Litigation: Represent clients to seek declaratory judgments of a party's rights; litigated various business matters; appeals of administrative orders of zoning boards, the Public Service Commission, etc. in the Circuit Courts and Courts of Appeal in Maryland.
- Worker's Compensation: Over 30 years experience representing clients before the Workers' Compensation Commission and before juries on appeal in Circuit Court. Multiple appeals to the Court of Special Appeals and the Court of Appeals of Maryland.
- Minerals: Conduct mineral searches; reviewed and prepared oil and gas leases, coal leases; instrumental in implementing Maryland Dormant Mineral Act.